Jan 29-30 Cistern Cay
West End to Cistern CayHere I am celebrating National Hot Tea Day sipping my morning cup watching the sun rise in the Bahamas. Not too bad, eh?
We're here two months earlier than our last trip, and I think the weather is noticably different. Temperatures are cooler- I need a light jacket early in the mornings, the water temperatures seem cooler. But it is not lost on us that we have avoided a series of icy winter storms back in the US.
Sam makes sure we visit the beach a few times a day. While she sniffs around, we patrol the waterline looking for treasure. There's usually a starfish stranded by the receding tide that Lois always carries back to a safer few feet of water. We spotted a rough backed batfish- a new entry on the "List of Fish I've Seen in my Life". (No photo because it was almost perfectly camoflagued against the sand.) We took sandwiches for a picnic midday.
There was a bit of boat maintenance: a mini tour around the hull to wipe marina crud off the waterline and an inspection trip up the mast.
Jan 30
At noon we will pull anchor to travel across the flats headed for Hoffman Cay. This is Lois' #1 favorite anchorage, we'll see if it is still a paradise.
Comments