Mon Sept 14 Cambridge, MD
Before I opened my eyes this morning I could hear the whistle of the wind, making all the rigging the boats around us clank and flutter. Over our morning cup of tea there was mutual agreement that more bashing into the waves didn't sound like the way we wanted to spend the day, and we notified the dockmaster we'd be staying a third night. That's a new record: we have never spent 3 consecutive nights in a marina before. We much prefer to be anchored in some cozy cove with nature surrounding us, but Cambridge is nice.
We put the day to good use, doing some deep cleaning, reading & napping. I did a little bit of sewing if course.The wind continued to howl, but promises to behave for sailing tomorrow. Brent took a walk in town & found a small Mexican grocery and brought back some treats- fresh chorizo sausage & rambutans (a fruit we loved in Singapore). It looks weird, but tastes like a giant white grape once you peel it. Dinner was tasty.
Comments